- There are numerous ways for someone to ease themselves into running.
- This is just an example of a gradual program targeted at those that haven’t run for extended periods of time in the past.
- The overall goal is for the participant to be able to run continuously for 30 minutes by the end of the program.
- However, adjustments may need to be made depending on how your body responds to exercise.
- If you develop pain or discomfort at any time during this program it is recommended that you follow up with your doctor or a qualified health professional, such as a physiotherapist, for appropriate assessment and treatment.
Get Back In The Groove of Running Plan
Where to from here?
For those that are keen to progress their running time beyond 30 minutes we recommend you do this gradually by increasing the time you run by 10% each week.
It may also be beneficial for you to follow up with a qualified running coach to assist you with goal setting and provide more detailed guidance.